Tuesday 12 July 2011

The Dream that would Inspire "Like The Greeks"

I had the weirdest dream. I was going down these ancient rock stairs on some kind of field trip, they were at the side of a great precipice and I got vertigo and sat down but was to scared to get back up. Someone else on the trip refused to give me a hand back up. I ended up sliding down into an alcove and in there I got myself together to go the rest of the way. There were White heads carved into the wall like the old ones of Sophocles and Aristophanes etc. In fact the stairs lead down to Athens. Next thing I was in a modern concert hall like a theatre and who should be playing but Papa Roach?! They were playing some new stuff I wasn't familiar with, I text you: 'I'm in Athens! So now I can be a Greek like I always wanted!! Papa Roach are playing, I feel like it's meant to be!'
(Sent to Kerry Corbett, 04/07/11)

"lol that's a weird dream, also, I was listening to papa reach all day yesterday! Hmm what does it all.mean? :p"
(Received from Kerry Corbett, 04/07/11)

"I think the ancient greeks things symbolises my desire to have had an impact on the evolution of human thought like the Greeks, the great philosophers, poets, etc. Not sure. I thought it was nice that I text you it seemed like the 'realest' thing about it... sweet"
(Sent to Kerry Corbett, 04/07/11)

"I shall write a play called 'Like the Greeks' and it shall be the story of a struggling artist trying to come to terms with his role in the world while simultaneously alienating those around him. Cliched? I hope not too much so but it's more important to do something good than something original. xXx"
(Sent to Kerry Corbett, 05/07/11)



"I had a weird dream last night. I was walking down this ancient rock staircase at the edge of a great precipice on some sort of field trip, it was night. I got vertigo thinking of falling down the side and sat down, I was too scared to get back up again. Someone else on the trip i didn't know refused to give me a hand back up. After some time I ended up sliding down (eyes closed) into a little alcove where I was able to get myself together to go the rest of the way. There were white heads of ancient Greeks carved into the rock like the old ones of Sophocles, Aristophones, Socrates, Plato, etc. I think 3 of them, and in fact my trip down the stairs was a trip down to athens...
‎...which was a small ancient city at which the stairs were the path to in my dream. Next thing I was in a modern concert hall that looked a bit like a theatre and a rock band I used to listen to in my youth were playing an informal gig there, they were playing new songs I wasn't familiar with. I texted my ex girlfriend who I'm still close friends with, "I'm in Athens! So now I can be a Greek like I've always wanted!! Papa Roach are playing, I feel like it's meant to be!"
(Sent to Dimitri Halley, 04/07/11)

"We tend to inflate and ascend to heights often too high to be able to descend safely. The dream is telling you to come back down...Greece and the Greek in you stand for this more earthy feeling side."
(Received from Dimitri Halley, 04/07/11)
  
"Hey that's really interesting, I definately relate to the needing to come down bit.
Funnily enough I interpreted the greeks as my will to be a great man when the time for great men has passed, ie. there is no need for another Voltaire, Sartre, Beethoven, Wagner and even if you wrote poetry better than Byron no one would notice... but classic ego balancing act - yin yang - trying to interpret the way down as being puffed up the feeling of "earthyness" is more congruent with what I was feeling down in the concert hall, not very puffed up."
(Sent to Dimitri Halley, 05/07/11)

No comments:

Post a Comment