Wednesday 20 July 2011

Close and Faraway music update and other things.

My new hobby is sitting outside,
Coffee in one hand,
Smoke in the other,
And a book of poetry,
In my lap.

Today's favourites:
The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes
If by Rudyard Kipling
Snake by D. H. Lawrence

I went to open mic at The Free Hetherington yesterday and read some out and the we had a massive jam session it was really fun.

Today I've mostly been playing piano and composing for Close and Faraway.

The Bollero is sounding freaking awesome and really enjoying playing an arrangement for piano, it's got a tricky cross rhythm running through it which looks a bit like this:

So it's a bit tricky to play at first on the piano, but you get used to it!



I'm also very happy with how the (perhaps provisionally titled) "Omega's Theme" is going, the harmony in it is very sophisticated an I've learned a lot about making strange chord sequences work doing it so I'm delighted.


I was speaking to Rowan (our oboe player) about the music on fb and sent her some midi, she's been very encouraging. A clarinet has been added to the ensemble thanks to my friend Linzi, at first I was reluctant (more instruments = more work) but it's actually really helping me along I'm finding it really useful.

Stewart also broke some news about funding and venues for previews but I'm not sure how much I'm at liberty to blog yet :-)

Sweet dreams,

Antony

No comments:

Post a Comment