Wednesday 8 June 2011

Blogging and "Fish and Moose"

I have this new blog so I guess I should do what blogs are for and blog
I just don't think I'm as pretentious as I was when I got livejournal as a teenager, I always seemed to have something I at least thought was very insightful to write back then.


So I've been a busy little bee

Monday Stuart came over to talk about Close and Faraway the play I am composing music for, and hear what I'd got so far which is a few melodic themes with accompaniment and variations thereupon XP more work soon.

Tuesday night I went out to a creative writing open mic during the West End Festival at Partick Library and heard some people read out poems and bits of prose. I also read out The Pragmatist and recited A Musical Poem which inspired me to post those up here, as well as a couple of other bits and pieces you can check out if it pleases you:

Heart of Matters
The Pioneer
Nympholepsy 

Afterwards Finn came over to work on Fish and Moose which is a sitcom-esque play we started writing maybe a year ago (which is now looking more like a screen play.) FIND OUT ABOUT IT BY CLICKING HERE. The interesing thing about this piece of writing is it started out life as an extensive list of jokes that we had coined over the course of several nights out. Us having a few different strands to our senses of humour, characters began emerging through the jokes as you could think "well that line could be said by the same person that said that line" ...and then storyline started to weave itself around the development characters. It has shown out to be a really cool, interesting and original way of writing, consistently funny, with some very unexpected results regarding the depths of some of the characters. Lots of happy coinicdences and subtext that was coined without preconception.

Today I'm off to Jonos to complete editations on the new Illich sketches, so hope I can post the new one up in the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment