Thursday 17 November 2011

"Off Broadway" and "Stuck in an Elevator"

Off Broadway
It was heartbreaking... seeing her come in.
I remember when we used to stalk the strees, diving down 13th avenue on the way to somewhere that would us up one last cocktail before heading home after hitting three piano bars.
Inseperable, we were in those days, two fallen agnels looking for one last thill in no time off broadway.
I remember picking her up at the academy after dance practice, her mixed cassette blaring "What a Feeling" from Flashdance out my tape deck. Cheesy, but I really didn't mind because she was elated.
Now she's deflated. Her crutches tapped upon the floor as she leant in to hug me, tears welling in her eyes Out of commission.
She really was a wonderful actress.


Stuck in an Elevator
Jay an Abigail are stuck in an elevator together. There's a slightly antagonistic feeling in the air.
Abigail. Oh my God has... has it stopped?
Jay. ...Looks like it's stopped
Abigail.  What are we going to do?
Jay. I don't know... It's stopped.
Abigail.  You're loving this, aren't you?
Jay. What? What a ridiculous thing to say. Of course I'm not loving it, it's stopped hasn't it?
Abigail.  Yes well you don't seem to be taking it very seriously.
Jay. I just don't see any point in panicking about it. I'm sure it'll start soon, look, let me press the bell. Oh look, there, see it's rung.
Abigail.  You are loving this! You're smirking
Jay (smirking). Honestly! What?
Abigail.  Urgh!I have so had it with you today!
Jay. Awww... And you're so cute when you're angry!
Abigail. URGH!!!
Jay. Come here... [trying to wrap his arms around Abigail] Come on... Come on...
Abigail. Don't touch me!
Abigail tries to ignore Jay and takes out her phone.
Jay. You not speaking to me?
Jay. Alright then. We might be here a long time though.... I guess I'll just stand over here and....
Jay seizes the phone out her hands.
Jay. ...Tap on your phone!
Abigail [reaching for the phone]. Give it back!
Jay [holding the phone on the other side of her out of reach]. You texting Rosa?
Abigail. Give it back!!!
Jay [Having read the message]. We're stuck in an elevator and I'm being a dickhead? That's not very nice.
Abigail. I hate you!!!
Abigail starts pounding on his chests, Jay just bursts out laughing until he manages to slide his arms around her back, popping the phone into her bag or pocket. Unable to win her head is partially tucked onto his chest.
Abigail [with less zest]. I hate you.
Jay. I know, I know I hate me too.... [trying to make Abigail smile and cuddle him] come on... come on.
Jay leans back and takes her hands, the phone drops to the floor as they kiss on the lips, she cuddles her head into his chest.
Jay. Still hate me?
Abigail [Smiling]. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment