Thursday 20 October 2011

Client and Hooker

"improvised" this in my writing for performance class yesterday during an exercise where you don't know where it's going - every 2 lines are meant to do what whole scene usually does. I fear it's a bit "cheesy" but then again I think here's something in it somewhere, you tell me.



CLIENT:          Uh… Nice place… What, uh, what do we do about the cash?
HOOKER:      I usually jist get them tae put it on the sideboard before we… well, ye know.
CLIENT:          Have you been… doing this for long then?
HOOKER:     
Naw, no really, jist a couple months. I need the cash tae get tests done fir ma wean, ken? Find oot who his da is and if he’s… well… awright ah suppose.
CLIENT:         
Really? That sounds important, maybe I could….
HOOKER:     
…Naw! It’s bad enough awready… bit hanks.
CLIENT:         
What? You’re too proud to accept help for your own kid?
HOOKER:     
Aye I’m tae proud, I don’t want tae feel I owe any cunt anyhin, now can we jist get awn with it.
CLIENT:         
No, I’m not sure any more, doesn’t feel right.
HOOKER:     
Right? You didnae come here tae fuckin’ church. You said you wanted tae help, now yer gonnae cheat me oot a huner quid?
CLIENT:        
You can take the money anyway, you need it more than I do, I’m off.
HOOKER:     
Ye snooty cunt ye, ye sanctimonious fuck, you dinnae gie a fuck aboot me but yer conscience ya bam. Maybe ye should go tae church.
CLIENT:         
Oi! I don’t need to take this, not from a fuckin’ whore.
HOOKER:     
Aw showin yer true colours now aren’t ye? See what ah mean? You men are aw the same, a wummins no a wummin tae you, she’s someone tae use or someone who needs savin’, no a fuckin wummin.
CLIENT:         
Look, I’m sorry for what I said. I didn’t mean it, I was just, angry that… I was just trying to help.
HOOKER:     
Well ye didnae. If ye want tae help then ye know what tae do... 


...Lets jist pretend this never happened, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment